Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LEGO, BrickBastion.com & "Shop, Blog & Win Lucky Draw" Contest

When i was young, i always wanted LEGO to play with as i am the youngest child in the family. No one play with me. So i have lotsa toys. But not LEGO. During the 80s~90s, shopping mall isn't many, we seldom see LEGO selling @ shopping malls.

Most of the time i get to see it in ToyR'us in ampang. My uncle will bring me along to Toy'Rus, me and my cousin were like in haven. We ran around, playing like nobody business. We were so happy there. There is one fine moment, i stop right infront of a car model made of LEGOs. I was so amazed how LEGO can do. I wanted it... I wanted to play with it.

Of cos, i did not get the LEGO. But my uncle bought a bucket of LEGO for his sons, i.e my cousins. So from that day on, we played together-gether. We let our imagination run wild. We build a lot of fighter jets, racing cars, tank, houses...etc.

But still, i don't owned a LEGO. Until there is another day, my parents visited a relatives house, they brought me along. As the elderly are chit-chating and i am playing with my own. Suddenly i notice something interesting on the display shelf next to the TV. It's a LEGO, fighter jet model. I stand there, looking for a long time. And the elder notices me, and give it to me. I was like....oh yeah! i have a LEGO at last. Of cos, as usual, in a chinese family, in such situation... my parents will reject the offer...but in the end i still get that LEGO. Hahahaha... From there i started my LEGO project. I build alot of things, i keep them at my bedside while i am sleeping. I am so precious about it.

After 20years+, i didn't know where is the LEGO now, i remember i have given it to some kids. When i am a teenager, i cannot play with LEGO anymore, my friends would have laught at me. So, i gave it away...

But, this does not stop me from loving LEGO, they are so creative and interesting in any shapes or in anything. Till now, i still stop by, take a look on the LEGOs on display shelf. Admire how wonderful it is. I hope my son will love it too... i would like him to build up his good imagination with LEGO, grow up with LEGOs!

Now, you have a chance to share your love by participating LEGO contest. What you need to do is to SHOP, BLOG & WIN... I hope i can win a LEGO and give it to my darling boy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?