Tuesday, October 16, 2007

D.I.Y

Do it yourself...now everything also D.I.Y. I quite like this concept, cos it give you satisfaction, freedom to do your own things.

I bought a shoe rack from ikea and i dun really like its colour, it does not match my furniture in my living hall. So i decided to give it a little modification. I paint it into matching colour with my other furniture....hahaha



Oh cos, for a paint job, you need:
  • Paint brush
  • Paint item (victim)
  • old newspaper
  • paint
  • thinner


1st of all, use wet clothe to clean the dirt then start painting. Applied 1st layer of paint and let it dry under hot sun. Then apply 2nd layer of paint to give more darker colour. I stop at 2nd layer because I like the darker brown colour. If i were to continue 3rd layer, it will become black colour.

The result? I like it very much, its so matching with my other furniture now...



You can also try this at home, it can protect your shoe rack, darker colour also prevent dirty look, and your shoe rack is different from others.

No comments: