Friday, January 7, 2011

Broken Flash and lens

I dropped my camera together with my flash during a job. It was a bad start of the day. I was trying to shoot this picture, I climb up to sofa just to get this shot, when i come down tat time, just when i turn away, my camera neck strap hooked on the sofa, the whole system came off my hand and dropped. The system hit the floor from knee height. The flash came off the camera hot shoe, it was forced! so the flash hot shoe broken. The IR cover broken, the wide angle panel broken. DAMN! i was holding my camera and flash all day to secure the connection. It was a really tough job and i am glad i complete the task.

Well, for the lens, it was nothing happen, just a bit under expose after the dropped. I din not pay much attention and i tot my setting are not correct. But when, it come to dinner reception, the lens was not functioning and black screen all the way. My flash dropped for the 2nd time during the dinner, the super glue didn't work out.


The IR cover came off...


The hot shoe was broken.

So, i contacted SONY service centre melaka to check out the spare part. It cost me RM169.00. I tot it was lucky to spent only 10% of a new flash, so, i ordered and fixed it myself.


Procedure is rather simple, remove screws and a ribbon cable, replace and DONE!


For the wide angle panel, it cost RM50 for some easy mechanism part. I dun think it is worth to replace, in fact i seldom use it. So, my solution is to use scotch tape to tape it.


For my lens, it is still under warranty. The lens does not have dented mark so i send it to warranty claim. According to the service center, the said the aperture blade jammed. After service, it is working fine. So, they sent it back to me.





My lens now is back to normal. Flash is working fine. Everything is up and running again. Thank god.

No comments: