Friday, July 17, 2009

Beef Stew by Chef Jac

Inspired by a program in AFC. called CHEF AT HOME...hmm...quite suits me. I always at home ma... hahhaah. I decided go give it a try cos it definitely look delicious in the program.

Ok guys, i wanna share my 1st time experience cooking beef stew.

1st of all, u need beef, to be cut into cube form la. I buy those already cut one la. Easy job! then we need onion, carrot, potatoes cut into cube oso. Some vege peas too. Most importantly, a can of stout and some beef stock.







1) As for the cooking, we heat up the oil, pan fried the beef, cook till the brown. Take out the beef
and put a side for later use.

2) Now, use the same pan, do not wash away those brownies. Add in half of the vege (potatoes, carrot, onion, peas). Fried it.

3) Pour in beef stock and stout. Add in beef cube. Turn to low fire. Let it cook for 30mins. Add in the other half of vege, let it cook for 5min then can liao.

4) Always check one the fire and the water level. Dun let it dried up. Always stir dun let the vege "chao-ta".

5) Then, it's ready. U can add some salt if you like it to be salty. According to your taste. And it's ready to be serve.



This is how it looks like.
Well, to be, i let it cook too long liao. A bit "chao-ta" at the bottom. I worried the beef are not tender enough. Turn up to be very nice n tender. Just some "chao-ta" smell potong stim abit. Anyway, i still think it is nice. Hahaha...
My 1st attempt consider passing the border la... I will be extra careful next time. If u follow my time, wun be wrong one. This has been modified by me.
Sometimes i wonder... there is no bad cook, only lazy cook. Just browse some recipe on the internet, and you will have some new idea for dinner liao lorrrr. Easy ma!

No comments: