Saturday, November 13, 2010

Feel, Touch a Proton Inspira - Review

Ee Jin told me proton has a lancer model launched recently. I said, sure boh, after so many years, our national car maker still buy mitsubishi model? I thought our national car maker have bunch well trained designers?

Well, a lancer with local logo and selling 30% cheaper...why not to have a look? The next day, my colleague send me some pictures.


Picture above showing the difference btw original mitsubishi and proton inspira. To me nothing much different from the picture. Well...ok...


Car brochure photos is very very well taken. Look at the interior. Impressive with the wooden interior rite?


Lets have a look on the outlook. OK, just logo changed. A trademark shape change to an animal. Errrr...nvm... as long as the price is attractive.



The front, oh man... the nose part should be bigger portion in black... "this is not a lancer" again i remind myself.

I went and have a look myself at bachang branch. Showroom car is very well polished and always looks tremendous. As usual, i knock the front lamp, bonet, every metal part of it. The sound of the metal....is just...sounds....not right.... it's "kuang kuang" sound i told my colleague after my visit. Means not solid, very thin layer feel.

The auto transmission one is crowded with visitors, so, i turn to 1.8 manual transmission. I go inside the driver seat. Well, i quite like it. The dashboard is cool, front interior is cool and spacious. I adjusted to my normal driving position and went to the back seats. The legroom is spacious. I love it. Then came a malay guy sitting next to me. Well, 2 persons at the back is comfort. But then, i told the fella, if another person sitting in the middle, tat would be sempit lah, he agreed. The middle seat had no place for your leg, there is a "lump". So, not comfort at all.

Then the malay guy added, "wow, the seat lembut lah, persona nye keras, ini OK!" I did not agree and just have a smile back. I was thinking, the seat is lousy, it is not solid at all, to me, its wrapped with some cheap sponge. When i sit in, i was sunk in, i dun like it. It does not support me and my butt.

Carboot portion, the brochure shows 4 pcs of luggage can be fitted. Else a mountain bicycle can be inserted with back seat incline to give space. When i open up and see... different story. I dun think it can fit a mountain bike lorrrr, mebbe my boy's bike la... in a magnifying view. There is one "palang" inside the carboot, this palang makes it worst. It is not spacious to me. Spare tyre is not sports rim.

Car tyre is 16" continental. OK la...

Engine are mivec, according to them, 1st batch with limited qty are using MIVEC engine. MIVEC is from mitsubishi motors. They only tune with proton/lotus. Well, but still a mivec. Impressive. Only limited, dun be fooled, after 2nd and the rest, no more MIVEC. So, if you buying one, pls chk properly. The salesman might sinkalan u.

Then i proceed to take a piece of price list and see.

The price:
  • 1.8 MT (E)- RM78,999.00
  • 1.8 CVT AT (E) - RM84,999.00
  • 2.0 CVT (P) - RM91,999.00
Let's see some simple calculation.

10% deposit, loan amount 90%, 7years loan, u need to pay from 1000~1250 per month. 9years loan, 880~1000.

Well, u sendiri think la, see worth it or not la. I told my fren, i actually dun like a proton, so, my review are all negative one. Why? because i know tat the car price export to other country are cheaper we malaysian buy in malaysia. Means, we malaysian is paying the price to other country. Which this disgust me alot.

I even joke with him, the price u pay for, does this free you from one hand holding steering, one hand holding money to pay toll, and try to make another hand to push down ur window, after paid the toll, one hand on steering, one hand try to push the window back. I dun even wanna mention how is the scenario if you driving a manual transmission, gear, clutch, accelerator. U need "Paul" to handle a proton car, rite? How about the odometer, which like to go up and down suka-suka one.

I advise him, with the money you pay, u rather get a TOYOTA VIOS or HONDA CITY, yeah, i know, 1.5cc, who cares? These car are so reliable and give you problem free. I dun simply say one, look at my car *touch wood*, i bought 2003, i finished my loan in 5years, i used to paid RM1170 per month which lead me to hell life. But then, after i finished, the car still give me same performance. I dun need to push my window up or down. I dun have any problem with it after almost 8years?!?!

Well, you see, you heard, you sendiri go and feel and think what i say here are true or not. =)

Malaysia BOLEH! Proton BOLEH! We BOLEH!

*This is my 1st car review in this blog and damn! a very negative one...hahaha*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Ruiten, I have just seen the car at Tesco Manjung. Looked impressive but I was keen to find out more. I agree with your comments, calculations and concerns. The price is cheaper, but so is the quality. At the moment, I cannot forsee the car outlasting its repayment term, apart from all the nuisance it might give along the way. This we know from our experiences with previous models from the carmaker. Anyway, it was fun reading your article with its unique Malaysian language. Good for you. Hanif.

Openminded said...

All i can say is...try to be subjective and not objective, just like what you mention, i feel that a lot of the comment is unfair,simply because it's a bias comment, just because it is a PROTON, every think sure go down the drain, I on the other hand think not, give them a fair chance, i would say quality wise, bout the same as any cars today, go knock on the plastic of proton, then go in honda,toyota,mitsu and knock on theirs, well same knocking sound to me, more importantly i believe that the quality is on par with our japanese neighbours, only problem is the sevices that proton will offer, and that i can say is a few steps bhind the better brands...:)) Just like how Honda has issues with civic/jazz(quality also got problem right?) they made a recall for it but for proton i doubt they would have done that.Like i said...SERVICE sets them apart not quality, and if value for money, yeah i still think INSPIRA is a bargain, but just bhind the FORTE for a real value for money package.

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you


LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
=================
Full Name:................
Loan Amount Needed:.
Purpose of loan:.......
Loan Duration:..
Gender:.............
Marital status:....
Location:..........
Home Address:..
City:............
Country:......
Phone:..........
Mobile / Cell:....
Occupation:......
Monthly Income:....

Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

ReplyDelete