Friday, July 23, 2010

The Reborn of 2084

My Olympus has been blind for quite sometime already. I manage to get to bid online for its spare part. It's in UK. So, i ask for a friend's help. She bid for me with 2.20pound + 1.5pound postage. Not even RM20. Worth a try la.




After much awaited months, her parents bring it back to malaysia after visiting in UK. I received it last week.






Open up and check out the parts. Rusted condition and the camera outlook is so rugged feel. VEry heavy duty user i guess.





See?! the comparison of my well care camera.





Okay, open up and see, all i need is just a bloody ribbon. Flex type.





Yup, this is the one. Unscrew and change the whole piece of LCD. This is my objective, main goal.





i open my camera carefully...praying hard it will works, else...i need to ganti rugi to ah dear. The sony NEX5 is too damn expensive and will cause my wallet a big hole. So, i must do this carefully, no mistakes is allow here.






After i am done with the replacement, i put on all the screws and it the moment of truth! i can hear my heartbeat now. I need to test it... finger on the on/off button.



Are you ready?
.
.
.
.

.

.

.

.

.
.

.






Tadaa~~ i manage to give life back to my 2084. Yay~~~


I would like to thank my parents for giving me chance to study engineering. So tat i can repair back my electronic stuff.


Ah Pa, Ah Mi, I CAN dy! Thank you!
Besides, i also dedicated this entry to Mr. Boss Lai & his beautiful wife Agnes, and her sister Zen, and her parents for making this project successful. Thank you guys. I love you guys!
I just saved RM500 for sending it to Olympus service center to have it repair. I also saved thousands of ringgit for getting a new camera.
So now, the legendary 2084 come back in life! He is back!

2 comments:

Marco Tan said...

well done bro :)

Anonymous said...

I' m currently blogging for a (poor) living for someone else... but I like it. You' ve inspired me to keep doing it, and look to doing it for myself soon